Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What I Did Last Summer

In the midst of an unusually hot summer (What global warming?) in south Florida (a.k.a. North Cuba), I was fortunate to be able to go to England on a vacation with my wife. A queasy mixture of guilt (at not working) and interest impelled me to visit archaeological sites and museums, with the acquiescence of my patient companion.

For the other Mayanists out there, I thought I would post my photos of the Yaxchilan lintels in the British Museum. Feel free to use them for non-profit educational or scientific purposes. The new Mexican room at the museum is lovely.


Yaxchilan Lintel 24


Yaxchilan Lintel 15.


Yaxchilan Lintel 16.


Yaxchilan Lintel 16 again. A better picture.


Yaxchilan Lintel 17.


Yaxchilan Lintel 17 again. A slightly better picture.

Hope these are useful to someone out there in cyberspace.

2 comments:

  1. Saludos desde El Salvador Dr.Clifford
    Muy interesante su bolg.
    saludos Michelle Toledo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias Michelle! Espero que todo les va muy bien alli. Saludos al Dr. Shibata.

    Cliff

    ReplyDelete